Barr Labaran Magaji: a worthy Commissioner Nominee at a glance, equipped and prepared to change the narrative
He obtained his Primary School Leaving Certificate in the Defunct Toto North Primary School (Toto West) and also obtained his SSCE in Demonstration Secondary School Ahmadu Bello University Zaria.
After his Secondary School education, he enrolled as an undergraduate in the Faculty of Law Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, where he obtained his Law Degree(LLB (Hons) 2004 and Bachelor of Law (BL) -2005.
Magaji proceeded to the Nigeria Law School, Abuja Campus, where he obtained his BL and was called to the Nigeria Bar and thereafter enrolled by the Chief Registrar of the Supreme Court as Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria.
Shortly after his graduation he was in active Legal Practice with Mrss Ultimate Chambers, Suleja before he was appointed Special Adviser to (Late) Governor Aliyu Akwe Doma on Youth Affairs and later Special Adviser on Legislative liaison.
He was appointed as a Member, Governing Council of Nasarawa State University Keffi, the position he holds till date. He is the Council Committee Chairman of the Senior Staff Disciplinary Committee of the University, Member of Finance and General Purpose Committee and a member Appointment and Promotion of Senior Staff of the University.
Barr. Magaji is a Federal Prosecutor in the Chambers of the Honourable Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice and a member of Nigeria’s Complex Casework Group (CCG) specially trained by the British High Commission with specialisation in the prosecution of terrorism cases and other cases of complex nature.
Barr Magaji won several awards including Head of Service
of the Federation Certificate of commendation as well as several letters of commendation from the
Honourable Attorney General of the Federation for his outstanding performances in the deligent handling of cases on behalf of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and many other awards and recognitions which includes but not limited to the following;
1. Recipient of an Award of EXCELLENT SERVICES TO HUMANITY and Ahmadu Bello University Post-Graduate Students Representative Council (ABUPSRC) Medal of Honour from Ahmadu Bello University Post-Graduate Student Representative Council on 27th July 2019.
3. Recipient of Law Students Association of Nigeria LAWSAN OUTSTANDING SERVICE AWARD
4. AWARD OF EXCELLENCE as A BEACON OF HOPE by National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) Zone A 2020.
6. AWARD OF EXCELLENCE by Ahmadu Bello University Student Representative Council, September 2020.
8. AWARD OF EXCELLENCE as an achiever per excellence presented by the WEST AFRICAN STUDENTS UNION (WASU) 2020.
9. SARDAUNA AWARD AS AN ICON OF HUMANITARIAN SERVICES presented by