Let’s talk about Bendel Insurance, our indigenous football team in Edo State. Here’s how Governor Godwin Obaseki has transformed sports in Edo state.
1. Before Obaseki in 2016, Bendel Insurance was almost non-existent. The previous governments didn’t care for it.
2. Obaseki reconstructed the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium and turned it into a FIFA World Cup/Olympics FIFA approved Stadium, with 24hrs electricity from Ossiomo Power. The Stadium has played host to FIFA World Cup qualifiers and the Super Eagles have enjoyed these facilities many times.
3. Before Obaseki, the team relied on road travelling with commercial buses. They’ve been stranded and even missed several matches due to the breakdown of these vehicles. Today, Bendel Insurance travel by flight to their games.
5. Obaseki attracted a 50 million naira sponsorship/partnership with Sterling Bank, for Bendel Insurance.
6. All of these inspired Bendel Insurance to win FA Cup, a trophy that has eluded them for 44 years.
While we’re thankful for Obaseki, Congratulations to our darling team, Bendel Insurance 🎊💐🥳
*Tunde Tee Olatunji*
Contact Intelligence News on: